Pages

October 2, 2014

Left

This little girl was brought to our clinic today, in hopes that what ailed her would be an easy fix. An exam revealed emaciation, infections, unhealed wounds, hair loss, and the need for extensive treatment. She was signed over to our care, and became another benefitting from the Biscuit Fund.



I brought her back to my office, to the red therapy chair, and she never moved. In fact, she stayed glued to one spot, staring at the door. I believe she was waiting for those that left her with us to come back, right through it, at any moment.


 
The realization that they were not seemed to slowly sink in, and as it did, I sent her photo to my friend, Chelsea.
 


You see, my friend Chelsea has also had someone recently leave her, unexpectedly and filled with pain. And my friend Chelsea knows that while nobody can fill that void, this little dog needs her to need her, and take care of her, and fill the spaces- those between her protruding back bones and those in her heart. And while Chelsea works on her, little Biscuit dog will do her own sort of healing, the kind that only neglected rescued animals can reciprocate with. We're looking forward to seeing the results, for both of them, in the days to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment