Pages

March 3, 2014

Shelter

This mama dog was left to fend for herself and 7 puppies after her owner died. She was chained outside with her babies roaming free. If you look closely in the first photo, you can see 2 poking their heads out of the broken dog house.





She has most likely never known what being inside feels like, or had a bed of her own. That all changed yesterday when she was transferred to Angels of Assisi. Some good folks along her journey to us named her Angel, and we think it is a perfect fit.








Donations to the Biscuit Fund for abused and neglected pets will be most appreciated, and help get this family a much needed fresh start.

Thank you to the Bedford Humane Society for their help, our special friend Cathy who has every right to be angry at certain people and the situations that these animals come from, and to the Leonard family for transporting, with Lisa and others on standby. You all are the helpers, the ones we see everyday, and together we'll right the wrongs that were done to Angel and her babies.


When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.
-
Fred Rogers




3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see these babies with their Momma safe and sound. Thank you so much for reacting so quickly and taking them in. My mom, Kandy, is so passionate about animals and can't stand to see any mistreated. I'm so glad she called you. I would also like to recognize Bill, the wonderful man who has been making sure Angel was fed after her owner passed away and she was left to fend for herself. He is also the one that made us aware of this situation so that we could try to find help. Thanks again for all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kandy ShackelfordMarch 03, 2014

    I am Kandy and the one who notified you and the Bedford Humane about this mom & puppies. The person who notified me is a very kind man, Bill Gross, who has been feeding Angel along with about a dozen other dogs in this town that are being neglected. He was feeding the night Angel was having her puppies which was during the last snow storm. He immediately got busy securing her house, putting in shavings and has kept a watchful eye on her and the pups making sure mama had food and the pups were ok. When he realized they were getting active and needed to be moved, he called me. I am grateful to Bedford Humane and Angels Of Assisi for acting so fast on this when they were contacted. I just knew they had to get out of there before this snow & cold. They look so content and happy...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good mama she was even under the hard circumstances - the puppies look fat and healthy! What a sweetheart she looks -

    ReplyDelete