Pages

September 20, 2010

A Peaceful Sunday at Harmony Farm Sanctuary

Yesterday Vickie Holt and I met at the farm, so she could get some new shots of the animals. It was a beautiful late summer weekend, and people and animals alike seemed to be taking in the warmth and trying to hold on to the last bits of summer. I certainly was trying to slow time down and appreciate the day.


Later, I asked Vickie to share a few of the photos, and asked specifically for some that portrayed a peaceful Sunday afternoon. My intentions were to make an attempt and spin it into some type of story describing the farm. However, Vickie, a much better writer than I, nailed it without even trying. Enjoy the photos and an excerpt from her email. Click here to see some more of Vickie's writing- these are pieces she actually wanted to have seen. Many heartfelt thanks to Vickie for her love, care and concern for the creatures on this planet we call home.

From Vickie:

Okay, I think I've made my choices. There are 6 photos to go along with your theme of "quiet Sunday on the farm". A time to spend with friends, a time to feel joy and a time for quiet contemplation. The first three photos portray "spending time with friends". The 4th and 5th photos portray a time to feel joy, because the pig and sheep both look like they're smiling. And the final photo is of a goat who decided to be my shadow for awhile. His photo portrays "quiet contemplation". He was contemplating eating my snake stick. ;-)





















Human Beings, indeed all sentient beings,
have the right to pursue happiness and live in peace and freedom.


-- The XIVth Dalai Lama


..





No comments:

Post a Comment